March 20, 2013
Deadline to Complete an Online Survey for WCN Diversity Initiative's New Online Mentoring Program Extended to March 31
YOU can help the Washington Center for Nursing Diversity Initiative design an online mentoring program for nursing students and new graduates of color and from underrepresented ethnic communities. A mentor is an experienced nurse who provides support for nurses in training and novice nurses.
Please consider completing the survey until March 31. Participants who complete the survey may enter to win a $25 Amazon gift certificate with no further obligation.
You are eligible to complete the survey if you:
• Self-identify as a nursing student of color, or with an under-represented ethnic group,
• Are currently enrolled in a WA State ADN, RN-BSN, or BSN program, or you have graduated from a WA State nursing program in January 2011 or after,
• Have been an RN in Washington State for four or more years,
• Are open to hearing, supporting and validating diverse perspectives and experiences in nursing, AND
• Have some interest in being a mentor (though the survey does not constitute a commitment)
Nurses and retired nurses who self-identify as a person of color and/or with (an) under-represented ethnic background(s)
The survey will take 10-25 minutes to complete and must be completed in one sitting. All responses are confidential.
Click here to take the survey.
Survey results will help us understand how to craft a pilot online mentoring program.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Christine Espina, WCN Diversity Network Director, at ChristineE@wcnursing.org